Wednesday, June 29, 2022

The Good Fight

 "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." 2 Timothy 4:7




When I was young, my whole family joined the Milo Marathon training. It was fun because there were a lot of people joining in. I found it funny because during the first and subsequent sessions we walked very sloooowly, that I got so bored. I would bring a book with me to read while walking. That was how serious I was about the training. 

My sister Peggy was more earnest and followed the instructions of the trainer. Eventually she finished the course by completing a whole marathon while I watched from the sidelines. I think it was because I was not seeing the goal. I was just there to be with the family and have fun. When the going got tough, I opted out. 


As Christians, we have to set our eyes on the prize- eternal life! If we don't, we can lose our way. We can just be watching from the sidelines while others are running the race seriously. 


Lord, may I set my eyes on You, and seriously follow You! Like Paul, may I be able to say, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy