Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Love Our Enemies

"He makes the rain fall on the just and the unjust." 
Mt. 5:45



There is a true story of the 19th c Prime Minister of Spain, Duke Ramon Maria Narvaez. On his death bed, the priest asked him, "Does your excellency forgive all your enemies?" Narvaez replied, "I don't have to forgive my enemies, I have had them all shot." I wonder how many of us, if we had the power to do so, would do the same! 

God has the power and the authority to destroy all His enemies, but He doesn't. Jesus taught us to love our enemies, pray for those who persecute us, annoy us, irritate us, wish us evil, vote for a different President. If we are capable of loving our enemies like that, we will be His children, for He makes the sun rise on both the good and the bad, and causes the rain to fall on the fields of both the righteous and the unrighteous. 

Lord, You know my heart. I am far from perfect! But little by little, change me Lord! I want to be like You!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy