Thursday, December 22, 2022

Carrying Jesus into the World

My soul magnifies the Lord...” Luke 1:46




Before the pandemic, I enjoyed giving workshops in our Artisan Workshop. In a way it was like having a baby, and giving birth to it. I would pray about it, develop a workshop, plan it, prepare all the materials and tools, invite people to join, and wait, trusting in the Lord that it would be awesome. God would sometimes surprise me with participants who came all the way from Laguna, but then I would get the heebie jeebies wondering if they would think it was worth all their time and trouble of coming to Quezon City to join. 


But then God and His marvelous faithfulness became concrete for me, when I just enjoyed His gifts, His daughters and sometimes a son or two, and the moment. Yes, it was challenging for me and for all the participants, but how much sweeter is the fruit for having been born after some hardship! 


Mary was a very young girl when God visited her. She held the Creator of all good things in her womb for a whole nine months. She said “yes” to God and never imagined how much blessing it would bring not only her, but the whole world. In a small way, we too can carry Jesus into the world, when we use our gifts, when we say yes to God, when we are brave enough to try for bigger things. God is faithful! God looks with favor upon each of us and has many wonderful things in store! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy