Wednesday, December 21, 2022

My Beloved

My lover speaks; he says to me, ​“Arise, my beloved, my dove, my beautiful one, ​and come!” Song of Songs 2:10




I share with you this beautiful passage from the devotional I read daily, ‘Pondering the Word- The Anawim Way’- “The language of lovers is full of sweetness and beauty. But when we are aware of the bitterness and ugliness of our sin condition, it seems that such language cannot really apply to us. How can the Lord call me His beloved, His beautiful one? He must be talking to someone else! The Lord sees our sin, of course, but he sees much more. He sees in us the beauty that He had in mind when He first created us, and He comes to restore us to that beauty. So He is indeed seeking us and speaking tenderly to us. He loves us much more than any earthly lover ever could.


We can more readily understand God’s love for us if we have parents, siblings, children, a spouse who loves us. We can know that as much as they love us, God loves us so much more. When I worry about my son, I take comfort in the reality that God loves him so so much more than even I am capable of, and of course God will do everything to bring about the best for him. We need only to trust Him. We can put our heart and well being in His safe keeping with full confidence He will give His life for us, because He already did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy