Thursday, November 25, 2021

End of the World

“There will be signs in the sun, the moon, and the stars, and on earth nations will be in dismay, perplexed by the roaring of the sea and the waves. People will die of fright in anticipation of what is coming upon the world, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. And then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. But when these signs begin to happen, stand erect and raise your heads because your redemption is at hand.” Luke 21:25-28




When you see someone carrying a sign, “The end is near", or hear some man preaching about "the end of the world is at hand", what is our reaction? Do we scoff and say, "What a loony?" I have to confess I get excited! I do! I get excited that I'll see my mom and dad again. I get relieved that I won't have to think about all the horrible things happening in the world today that I can't do much about. People lonely in the hospital without their family around them because they’re sick of COVID, hungering for the touch of a hand, or even to see a face, because the people that treat them are all wrapped up in protective gear. Blatant corruption aided and abetted by people in the government who should have prioritized taking care of the health of our people and our ailing economy. A Presidential campaign marked by insults and fake news and absurd maneuvering of the political dynasties. The thing is we don't have to wait for the world to end. 


Our world will end. One day. That's inevitable. Is it possible to be ready, to be prepared, every day for God's coming? We don't have to be prepared for the Second Coming. God comes into our life every day! In the form of a little child. A beggar. Someone who is sick. Someone who is depressed. How do we respond?

2 comments:

  1. Your post reminds me of Mother Teresa when she said she endeavoured to see Jesus in the face of each person she encountered and to love them as though they were him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a nice article shared! Thanks for sharing us. Hair Salons In Kolkata

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy