Friday, November 26, 2021

My Words Will Not Pass Away

 "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My Words will not pass away." Luke 21:33




It will be my birthday in a few days, and whenever one has a birthday, one marvels at the passage of time. I remember that I was traumatized about turning 25! But now I am happy about being a Senior Citizen! I am even excited about the end of the world, and hope I witness it. But what does "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My Words will not pass away" mean? Surely it means that things are sure to change and keep changing, but God's Word stands forever.


My grandfather, DD Alejandro, was appointed DISTRICT EVANGELIST for Bulacan and Nueva Ecija in August 1915. He became editor of the Tagalog monthly "Mabuting Balita" (Good News) and an instructor in Union Theological Seminary. In 1924, he became the Pastor of Knox Methodist Episcopal Church. Then he was elected the first Filipino Bishop of the Methodist Church in the Philippines during the Japanese occupation!


When he studied Philosophy in Asbury College in Wilmore, Kentucky, I can imagine him in the library pouring over hundreds of books. When he became editor, he would have written his articles on a trusty old typewritter. As an evangelist, I suppose he would have had to walk through countless dusty roads and knock on doors. But today, his granddaughter, sits at her computer, and can read and listen to so many sermons and preachings from evangelists dead and alive, and attend prayer meetings around the world, on YouTube and podcasts. If I write, I can reach many people through a click of a mouse that will transport my words and pictures through my blog, FB and IG posts across the seas in seconds! 


Isn't it amazing how the world has changed? But in the midst of all this change and turmoil, we can depend on one thing, the Word of God stands sure. “The grass withers and the flowers fade, but the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful heritage you have, my friend. Yes, I am excited to be a senior citizen now too. I feel alive and excited for the days ahead. Thank you for your faithfulness to share your beautiful illustrations and words of life-giving truth. hugs & happy birthday, Teresa (Prince Edward Island, Canada)

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy