Saturday, November 06, 2021

Investment

“The person who is trustworthy in very small matters is also trustworthy in great ones...” Luke 16:10




Many times we hear someone say, “You are adding to your treasures in heaven” when we help someone financially or donate to mission work. In St. Paul’s letter which he wrote from a Roman prison, he thanks dear friends from Philippi for their generosity towards him. He writes, “It is not that I am eager for your gift; rather I am eager for the PROFIT that accrues to your account.” In other translations of Philippians 4:17, we read, “...I want you to receive the blessings that come from giving” (CEV), “...I desire fruit that may abound to your account” (King James), “...I seek for the profit which increases to your account” (NASB). There are many more versions with the same meaning. Did St. Paul know what he was talking about? Because if this is true, we need to be looking for ways to GIVE to God’s work. 


I like buying stocks little by little and I just keep the money there, not selling even when the Philippine stock market was on its way to a nose dive. I get tips from different sources, ask my nephew who is studying these things, pray, and buy stocks of good companies. Today I am sure a lot of the numbers are red, which means I lost money, and I have not even checked it for months! However, I am optimistic that one day, because I just kept buying little by little, the investment will be worth more than I paid for it. Of course, I am not 100% sure about that because of the way the country is run today, and what will happen in the future. 


Apparently, if I really want to make sure about my future, I should take St. Paul’s tip seriously, and put my money where God wants me to put it. We need to pray and be on the lookout for “investment opportunities” to increase our profit in our heavenly account. As Jesus said, “The person who is trustworthy in very small matters is also trustworthy in great ones...” (Luke 16:10) Jesus’ meaning is even clearer in the next verse, “And if you are untrustworthy about worldly wealth, who will trust you with the true riches of heaven?” 


Lord, may I learn to use money here on earth, which is of little value to You at all, to bear fruit in the heavenly realm. Please teach me to value what You value, and put my money in investments that have Your blessing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy