Saturday, November 13, 2021

Pray Without Ceasing


“Jesus told his disciples a parable about the necessity for them to pray always without becoming weary.” Luke 18:1




When I was pregnant with Josh, I was filled with anxiety. I was 38 years old, and I entertained fears about whether my baby would be born normal. I had spotting, pre-eclampsia, and pains in my pelvic region. And the baby would have spasms of what would turn out to be bouts of hiccups.


Because of my anxiety, I would nag God, and “pray without ceasing". Then I felt God say to me, “Patsy, when you hold your baby in your arms, you will know how much I love you." True enough, my delivery was super quick, and almost painless. And more importantly, Josh was a normal, healthy baby. 


When Joshua arrived, he had a big nose and even bigger ears. My mom was so dismayed that she nagged God to make Joshua cute. And after a few days, Josh was the cutest baby ever!


There are many times in our life that give us anxiety, fear, grief, or pain. We go through many challenges. But if we HOPE in God, 'pray without ceasing', and trust that God always wants the best for us, ALL our troubles will turn into JOY!


“When a woman is in labor, she is in anguish because her hour has arrived; but when she has given birth to a child, she no longer remembers the pain because of her joy that a child has been born into the world.” (John 16:20-23)


Now, we are praying about the 2022 campaign and elections. Our country is in one of the darkest times of our history, with our economy in shambles, so many businesses closed, a sorry number of people with no jobs, corruption scandals left and right during a pandemic when the health of our people should be the priority. Will God give us a miracle? I believe He will if we pray without ceasing. We will never be disappointed if we put our Hope in Him. (Isaiah 49:23)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy