Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Abounding Grace

“My friend, I am not cheating you. Did you not agree with me for the usual daily wage? Take what is yours and go. What if I wish to give this last one the same as you? Or am I not free to do as I wish with my own money? Are you envious because I am generous? Thus, the last will be first, and the first will be last.” 

Matthew 20:13-16




This bible passage, Matthew 20:1-16, is all about the mercy and 

generosity of God.


The laborers who came early complained that the master paid them the same wages as those whom he hired to work for the last hour. “These last ones worked only an hour, and you have made them equal to us, who bore the day's burden and the heat," grumbled the workers.


If, when we reach heaven, we see a corrupt government official there, or a celebrity who lived a promiscuous life, or an atheist who accepted Jesus on his deathbed, will we feel like the laborers in the vineyard? Will we feel cheated? Will we feel God was unfair? What for? For not giving value to the years we tried to do good, when we chose integrity instead of dishonesty? When in reality, we were free of the shackles of sin and shame! 


"My friend, I caused you no injury,” the master said. Yes, Jesus is free to be generous with the gift of eternal life. Whatever we do for Him it will not ever be enough to deserve a life in heaven with Him and the saints. And we should not feel cheated if we pursued a life with the Lord. There is abounding grace in a life well lived in partnership with our Maker whatever the cost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy