Friday, August 12, 2022

Return to Me

“But you were captivated by your own beauty, you used your renown to make yourself a harlot, and you lavished your harlotry on every passer-by, whose own you became.” 

Ezekiel 16:15




In Ezekiel chapter 16, God compares Jerusalem to an adulterous wife. It is very heartbreaking to read, that after God lavished her with love and care, and entered into a covenant with her, she prostituted herself and consorted with other men, and made idols that she dressed in the finery God gave. When I read it through, I realized this is how God feels for us, whom He claims as His own, and loves, when we do not return His love. 


Even if we are unfaithful, God is faithful. Even if God knew beforehand that we would be false-hearted and inconstant, He still rescues us and forgives us. In spite of our sins and unfaithfulness, God says to us, "Return to me, your sins have been your downfall. But only return and ask me to forgive your sins, and I will heal your waywardness and love you freely. I will turn away my wrath and be like dew to you.

You will blossom and bear fruit." 

(Hosea 14:2-10)


Isn’t this what happens with God every time we fall short? Sin enslaves us and into this slave market, Jesus came to pay the full bid price for each of us. This is God saying He loves us, He loves us, He loves us!!! It's a crazy love, an unimaginable love! Imagine a billionaire saying he would exchange his magnificent mansion for your hovel, his unlimited bank account for your zero savings. The Great Exchange! And it has already been offered to us!


Jesus says to us, "I'll take your poverty and give you my riches. I'll take your sin and trade it for my righteousness. I came into your decaying world to give you eternity!"


I’ve been enjoying making gel prints, and using those gel prints to make digital collages on Procreate. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy