Thursday, November 03, 2016

Gaining Heaven!

"But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ." Philippians 3:7

 
Yesterday my friend was telling me about a woman she was trying to evangelize. She was so rich she didn't have to work, and was going to pay all expenses for my friend so she would have a companion on her trip abroad. My friend was frustrated because in spite of all her material wealth, she kept complaining and complaining. Instead of using her money to do good, she would buy men in her search for love and give them condos or a car or whatever. 

Saint Paul used to glory in his power and his education, his position and his birth into a pure-blooded Jewish family of the tribe of Benjamin. And then he met Jesus on the road to Damascus and realized all that he valued was not worth anything.
 
If we could see into the future and know for sure which stocks would increase in value, and which stocks would decrease, we could become very rich! We would get a hold of as much money as we can, and fill our portfolio with stock that would make us millionaires! But we do not need a crystal ball. Jesus already came to tell us that we cannot bring our wealth, power, beauty, perfect diction, Master's degrees, popularity, business prowess, etc. with us to heaven. In a way, life is a stock market. There is a vast portfolio to choose from. Where do we invest our life, our heart and mind? Lord, may I choose wisely, may I choose You! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy