Monday, November 28, 2016

Humility and Faith!

"I assure you, I have never found this much faith in Israel." Matthew 8:10


Faith and humility, what a potent combination! When the centurion approached Jesus, he asked Jesus to heal his servant from paralysis. Jesus offered to come and cure him, but the centurion said, "I am not worthy to have you under my roof. Just give an order and my boy will get better." I have no doubt that this man, this pagan, had been listening to Jesus' words and they found a fertile place in his heart for faith to grow. What a wonderful example for us this Advent season!

All of us are unworthy but all of us are given a tiny bit of faith to nurture. We can make it grow or we can kill it. I like to make it grow by reading God's Word and agreeing with it, with what God says about me, who I am in Christ, and what God wants to do for me and through me! 

 
Lord, help me to clothe myself in humility knowing that You give grace to the humble (1 Peter 5:5). I desperately need You and Your Holy Spirit in my life Lord. Lead me, guide me, mold me, make me into the person You want me to be! Water my faith Lord! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy