Wednesday, November 09, 2016

WOYWW: Our Refuge!

I am continuing to paint
on my mini canvases! 
A lot more to go! 

"God is our refuge and our strength, an ever present help in distress." Psalm 46:1

Yesterday 9 of our Supreme Court Justices dismissed all the petitions challenging the proposed burial of our former President Marcos in the Libingan ng Bayani. Most of us know Marcos was a dictator and a thief and certainly that he should not be buried in a cemetery for heroes. Research has uncovered that there are no records of his receiving the medals he claimed in his biography he was awarded in the US, and instead there is a photoshopped picture of Marcos receiving a medal from Gen. MacArthur. This terrible injustice can't help but color my prayer time. So many people are distressed and discouraged, and wondering how we got here. 

I just started reading "Fervent", written by Priscilla Shirer, a preacher I enjoy listening to. She also acted in the movie "War Room", which is about strategic prayer. In one of the front pages, this caught me, a passage from "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" -  "Theoden: I will not risk open war. Aragon: Open war is upon you, whether you would risk it or not." 

In page 2, I read and paraphrased to fit my need: "A very real enemy has been strategizing and scheming against you, assaulting you, coming after your emotions, your mind, your future, your country. In fact, he's doing it right this second. Right where you're sitting. But I say his reign of terror stops here. Stops now. He might keep coming, but he won't have victory anymore. Because it all starts failing when we start praying." 

Yes, Lord, You are our strength and our courage. It doesn't matter what it looks like, all the extrajudicial killing around us, and now this. In spite of what is happening, You are still on the throne, and You are in control, and like it says in Prov. 31:25, I can laugh at the days to come, because You will work things for our good. 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy