Wednesday, December 14, 2016

WOYWW: Saint John of the Cross


Here on my desk today
is my planner and some water brushes
and ink I am trying out. 
 

Usually I just write and draw on
my planner with my fine pen. 

But when I have time
I take out my rubber stamps,
washi tape, stickers, etc. 
and embellish the pages.


I really like going through my planner
and adding bits and pieces to it! 


"Turn to me and be safe, all you ends of the earth, for I am God." 
Isaiah 45:22

 
Today is the feast day of Saint John of the Cross, a priest and Doctor of the Church. If there ever was a man who could teach one how to find joy in the midst of total darkness, this man could. He lived in poverty since birth, and after he became a priest, his troubles did not cease. Some of the other brothers did not accept the reforms he wanted to bring to the Carmelite Order, like bringing it back to a life of prayer, and they actually imprisoned him for 9 months in a small, dark, and cold cell! But this desolation gave seed to the great mystical works he left the Church. He knew from this experience that joy comes only from God, and one did not need anything but God! 


"What more do you want, o soul!" He wrote. "And what else do you search for outside, when within yourself you possess your riches, delights, satisfaction, and kingdom- your beloved whom you desire and seek? Desire Him there, adore Him there. Do not go in pursuit of Him outside yourself."



In every life, there is some darkness. We should find the light in Him whose light will never go out. Yes, Lord, when we turn to You, we shall be safe. 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy