Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!


“The heavens declare the glory of God, and the firmament proclaims His handiwork.” Psalm 19:2




There is no doubt that the Rolex or Patek Philippe watches were created by great designers, engineers, and master craftsmen. No way can the intricacy of those watches be put together by flinging the parts on the ground or putting it inside a shaker and shaking it around. In the same way, the teleological argument or the “argument from design” states that we know God exists because we observe that the magnificence of space, the beauty of the flowers, the amazing wonders of the varied animals and even our human body, cannot have been put together by luck. There is an intelligent, and to me, caring, intelligence behind it. 


Just take our skin. I find it amazing that I paint, and glue, I clean and rub dirty things, and I can wash it off and my skin is as good as new! My fingers are awesome! Can you imagine if we didn’t have our thumbs? Or lacked one joint in our fingers? If we go through the human body, one part at a time, our hair, eyelashes, nails, nose hair, lids, the list goes on and on and on, we will just marvel at the care and love our Master Potter lavished on us when He made us from mud and dirt.  And that’s just man! There are more than one million species of insects in the world according to the Royal Entomological Society! I can imagine God crazily putting together the most outrageous colors and shapes and configurations one after the other! I don’t think He’s finished enjoying Himself yet because 15-18,000 new species of animals are discovered every year! I cannot put enough exclamation points when I think about the amazing plumage of birds, the awesome colors of fish, and the pictures we see from outer space!!! Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

 

Father, may I never ever take Your love for granted. You gave us a beautiful, awesome world! May we slow down, appreciate Your creation, breathe in Your goodness and be filled with gratitude always! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy