Tuesday, October 26, 2021

With God, there is Always Hope

“I consider that the sufferings of this present time are as nothing compared with the glory to be revealed for us.” Romans 8:18




In the Bible, it says: “He watches everything closely, examining everyone on earth.” (Proverbs 5:21) Not everyone believes this. They say there is no God because there is suffering, there is perversion, there are horrible things happening all around the world. Just last week 17 missionaries and children were kidnapped in Haiti and the gang leader is threatening to kill them if they are not paid $1 million dollars for each hostage. Isn’t God watching? On my home front, I continue to need oxygen, and my heart beats very fast when I just go up the stairs. Doesn’t God care? 


I believe He watches and knows everything. But suffering and sin and sickness entered the world when man chose another way other than God’s way. We cannot say there is no God if there is evil in the world. Recognizing there is evil means we recognize there is good and we prefer the good. There is good only if there is a moral law, and there can only be moral law if there is a moral law giver. Who else can that be, except God? 


Bertrand Russell, the famous agnostic, wrote in a 1953 essay that, "it is impossible, or at least impossible at the present time, to know the truth in matters such as God and the future life with which Christianity and other religions are concerned." When I read the Bible, I realize how fantastic it may seem to some people. Although more than half of the scientists in top universities are atheists, more and more scientists today believe in God because of new discoveries about the creation of the universe and how finely tuned it is to support life. 


I am happy that my faith is supported by reason and logic, even by mathematics and science. But I am even more happy that I believe in God because I experience His love, goodness, faithfulness, and sometimes His discipline. When I ask, He answers. When I listen, He speaks. I know without a doubt He watches over me, in every little detail of my life. And I know there is hope. There is always hope when one believes in God, the One who loves us best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy