Saturday, October 09, 2021

Living Bibles

"Blessed are those who hear the Word of God and observe it." Luke 11:28




Blessed, filled with grace, possessing the good things God has promised, to whom?


To those who hear the Word of God. NOT only to those who read, but who HEAR. Faith after all, comes from HEARING, from listening to the Word of God. (Romans 10:17)


While I was painting, I sang this verse over and over, so as to hear it, remember it, embed it in my heart.


To be blessed with God's good things, we not only need to hear His Word, His promises, His instructions, we also have to observe it, obey it, follow it.


What good are instructions if it goes into one ear and out the other?!!!! Faith without good works is dead faith!

(James 2:17)


I was listening to Rick Warren and he said the aim of reading God's Word is to become

living bibles!!! Would you like to be a living bible? To be like one of Jesus' followers,

walking in His footsteps- following the living way, not a dead way with Pharisaic archaic rules, but following what Jesus taught? It's the only way to be blessed!!! Thank You Father for Your Word, which is our key to heaven’s treasure chest. 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. I love how you sang the verse as you painted. What a great idea. I was thinking this morning about how reading the bible is unlike reading any other book. It's often my point of connection with the Lord. Sometimes, often, he will bring to my memory something I've read recently and it is just what I, or someone else, need to hear.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy