Thursday, October 28, 2021

Saints

“You are fellow citizens with the saints..." Ephesians 2:9




Saint Paul wrote this to the people of Ephesus, and I am sure if he wrote to us today, he would say the same thing. That we are fellow citizens with the holy ones, part of God's household. I could think I am no Mother Teresa who took care of the sick and dying, and who thought of herself as a little pencil in God's hand. I could tell myself I will never be a Pope John Paul II, a great man of God, who heard God call him as a young man, and followed Him to the Vatican, and helped bring down Communism. I'm not a Saint Francis of Assisi who left all his worldly goods to become a poor monk who built God's church at a time when it was crumbling. 


We may not be called to do something great, but like Mother Teresa, we can be God's pencil, and write what He wants us to write with our life. In 1 Peter 2:5, St. Peter wrote that we are like living stones being built into a spiritual house. Each of us has a role to play, a unique call and vocation. Certainly nothing is impossible with God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy