Friday, October 22, 2021

In His Will

“Why do you not know how to interpret the present time?" Luke 12:56




In this chapter of Luke, Jesus is frustrated that people can't 'interpret the present time', can't see things as they really are.  Part of discernment is seeing things as they are, not misinterpreting situations, people, choices etc. Sometimes I think if only God would make His will clear. If only He would speak and we would just need to obey. To have clarity without doubt!!  


When my son Josh was a baby, it was very difficult for me to breastfeed. Painful!  I wanted to stop but Luigi, my husband, insisted I continue.  So I asked God, hoping He would give me permission to stop.  I was listening to the radio at that time, to FEBC, a Christian station.  Right after I asked the question, the announcer said, “Don't quit. God doesn't like quitters."  I got my answer, loud and clear!


But most of the time, we don't get the answers so clearly. Should we expect God to speak to us?  In John 10:27 there is this reassurance: “My sheep hear my voice, I know them and they follow me."  And then there's Matthew 7:7 and Luke 11:9 where Jesus says, "Ask and you shall receive, seek and you will find..."  If we persist in seeking God's will, we will find. And why should we persist?


"In His will is our peace." 

1 comment:

  1. Невероятни сте! Страхотна публикация! Браво на авторът! Поздрави и успех с развитието на този блог!
    Дигитална агенция Висео

    Дигитален маркетинг

    Един Клик



    С пожелание за успешно развитие на проекта!
    Дамско издание Iwomanbox.com

    Интернет магазини

    Deva.bg
    електронно издание за модерната жена

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy