Thursday, January 19, 2017

To Do Your Will!

"To do Your will, O my God, is my delight..." Psalm 40:8


Many people start the year with new year's resolutions and good intentions. But I doubt if many write down: "Find out what God's will is, and do it!" I didn't! But when we come down to the nitty gritty, that's the only sure fire way to get permanent change and transformation to come into our life. A change of heart is what we need. And God is willing to get into the day to day messes we get ourselves in, the complicated relationships, the debt, the struggles with weight and alcohol and all sorts of addiction. He waits for us, standing at our door. He's eager for us to ask Him to come in, sit down and have a cup of whatever we have to give Him.  


Father, I know You love me with an inexplicable love, and I know You have a dream for me, a plan much better than I can make for myself! You can make 2017 the best year ever for me, if I surrender everything to You. Just like the little boy who gave all his loaves and fishes to You, I give You all my plans, resolutions, dreams, abilities, gifts, talents, resources, even my many weaknesses and shortcomings. I know that in yielding to You, I can only become a better and better version of myself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy