Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Why Do You Persecute Me?

"Saul, Saul, why do you persecute Me?" Acts22:7

 
I wonder how many times Saint Paul told his conversion story, and to how many people? It was certainly dramatic, and did not need any embellishing. How many people were spellbound and turned to God because of listening to him? Today marks the Feast of the Conversion of Saint Paul the Apostle. What marked him as a man that God wanted on His side? Perhaps it was his passion and bravery. Whatever he did, he did with conviction. God doesn't want us to be lukewarm, sitting on the fence, waiting to see which side will win. I am sure if he was alive today, Saint Paul would not be intimidated by trolls. 

Saul never saw Jesus, never touched Him, never knew Him. Yet Jesus accused, "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?" Jesus was the man Saul arrested, had chained and scourged. Jesus was the woman Saul had dragged into prison. Jesus is the maid we talk harshly to. Jesus is the beggar we ignore. Jesus is the employee we vent our anger on. Jesus is the Muslim in his war torn country we do not even pray for. Jesus is the child in the womb with no voice we do not fight for. 

 
Lord, how many times have I, like Saint Paul, persecuted You? Open my eyes, like You opened Saul's, and make me see what I can do for You and Your people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy