Sunday, December 15, 2019

Be Patient

“Be patient, brothers and sisters, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, being patient with it.” James 5:7-8



There are many things I am learning here in the hospital. I have to be patient with myself. I am usually impatient, wanting things done right away in my own way. But I cannot hurry my body. Dr. Alduz said I cannot be transferred yet to a regular room because liquids are still seeping out of a tube from my heart cavity. I have to expand my lungs using a spirometer and do my deep breathing and coughing exercises to keep my lungs active throughout my recovery and prevent complications such as pneumonia. I even have to be patient about standing and walking! Apparently I have to undergo rehab for those basic things! I can’t wait to be out of the hospital! 

Just as a farmer waits for his harvest, and a mother waits for the birth of her child, we too have to wait for the coming of the Lord. We need to be patient, for the Lord does not come in haste. “For still the vision awaits its appointed time; it hastens to the end—it will not lie. If it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay.” (Habakkuk 2:3) If we are patient, and seek Him during this blessed Advent time, and not rush around like a deranged person as I often do, Jesus will come with His gifts which cannot be found in any mall or online store. 

1 comment:

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy