Thursday, December 05, 2019

Building on Rock


“Therefore, everyone who hears these words of mine and does them shall be compared to a wise man, who built his house upon the rock.” Matthew 7:24




When Josh was a little boy, we built a sand castle too close to the water, and so we had to watch it erode with every wave until it was back to a pitiful mound of sand. We are always building something, a family, a career, a business, a life. What is the foundation we are building it on? 


One thing we can be sure of, there will always be something to test the foundation. Last Tuesday I had a Pulmonary Embolism, which according to my doctor, is like a heart attack but of the lungs. So I am undergoing a multitude of tests right now to find out why and how to heal me. Right now, the smallest exertion sends me into coughing fits and leaves me breathless. So I am stuck in bed with so many wires attached to monitors. 


Where is God in all this? Right beside me, reminding me that as long as I keep my hope and trust in Him, I will be all right. The world may shake and tremble all about me, but I will be standing on firm ground. Isaiah 26:4 says, “Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD himself, is the Rock eternal.” No one who trusts in God will ever be put to shame. 


“The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.” (Psalm 18:2) I will think of this as my adventure with the Lord. Adventures always have cliffhangers. And it’s not as if I am alone. I am overwhelmed with the prayers coming from all over. God is good and He always, always keeps His Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy