Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Impatient


“...the dawn from on high shall break upon us , to shine on those who dwell in darkness and the shadow of death, and to guide our feet into the way of peace.” Luke 1:79




Ever since I learned that because of my open heart surgery, I had to restrict the movement of my arms, that I should not lift more than 5-8 lbs, I should not pull or push, I should not reach behind my back or reach both arms overhead, etc., I’ve been trying to curb my impatience. I never realized how many everyday ordinary actions required the use of my arms, from lifting myself out of bed in the morning, to shampooing one’s hair! A total of 6 weeks of depending on others to do things for me! I hope I don’t drive them crazy! 


Zechariah must have been impatient too. Nine months of having no voice, waiting for his miracle son to be born. No matter if he knew his son would be “great in the eyes of the Lord” and “filled with the Holy Spirit”, Zechariah would have been excited to hold the promise of the Lord in his arms! If we focus on feeding on God’s Word, we too will be impatient to see it fulfilled in our life. We will be like a pregnant mother, impatient to see God’s gift for ourselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy