Monday, November 28, 2022

I am not Worthy

“Lord, I am not worthy to have You enter under my roof; only say the word and my servant will be healed.”…When Jesus heard this, He was amazed and said, “Amen, I say to you, in no one in Israel have I found such faith.” 

Matthew 8:5-11




The centurion from Capernaum did not call upon his Roman gods and goddesses to heal his servant. He also did not demand that Jesus take care of his servant. He is a perfect example for us on how to approach Jesus, in faith and humility. “Lord, I am not worthy,” he declared. We are all unworthy. We do not deserve God’s favor, or special attention. Much less are we entitled to all that Jesus won for us on Calvary’s cross! 


This Advent it will be good to take time to study in a deeper way why God made us (my son thinks we will only know this when we die and we ask God Himself), why He loves us even if we are so foolish and easily misled like sheep, why He died on the cross for us, why He delays almost all the time (it took years before He kept His promise to Abraham, David, the Jews, and now we keep waiting for Him to come again!), and anything else we want to know. 


It is actually good to ask God questions. I ask God questions all the time and He answers. Yesterday morning He said if I wait on Him, I guess wait on His answers, He will show me many things, even terrifying in wondrousness (I didn’t think there was such a word, but God can say anything He likes!) I do believe He is eager and very disposed to answer us. We will be in good company if we do this, as King David did it all the time.


“One thing have I asked of the Lord, that I will seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to INQUIRE in His temple.” (Psalm 27:4) We can read about what King David pondered about in the Psalms as he had a very close relationship with God, in spite of his many sins. 


If we have doubts that God will answer us, we can just look to His Word and know that we have the mind of Christ (1 Cor. 2:16), and that in John 10:27, we have Jesus’ assurance that, “My sheep hear my voice; I know them, and they follow me.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy