Tuesday, November 08, 2022

Unprofitable Servants

When you have done all you have been commanded, say, “We are unprofitable servants; we have done what we were obliged to do." Luke 17:10




I will never forget this verse because one time I felt I did a good job for God and congratulated myself. So puffed up with pride, I got home, and this is the passage that greeted me! 


If we are full of ourselves as I so often am, but open to God's correction, we can depend on God to teach us to be humble. Here in this passage it seems as if God is a hard taskmaster who does not appreciate the work we do for Him. However, I know that when we feel insecure, uncertain of God's love, we can also go to His Word where He will say we are His masterpiece (Ephesians 2:10), and He did everything so that we can enjoy fullness of life (John 10:10), and be with Him in a place where we will never doubt our exalted status as His sons and daughters (2 Cor. 6:18)


When He says we are "unprofitable servants", He teaches us to model ourselves after Himself. Jesus humbled Himself, was humiliated, and did not act entitled like many of us do sometimes! He knew what His purpose was! He was a servant of all! He accomplished His task! We too have a purpose and out of gratitude to God's calling us, we say, “Here I am Lord, use me!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy