Friday, November 18, 2022

The Path to Life

“In the way of Your decrees I rejoice, as much as in all riches.” Psalm 119:14




Can I say this honestly? That I value God’s Word more than riches? Recently there was a Powerball drawing in the US that reached $1.9B in prizes! I asked my nephew to buy me a ticket thinking to give the bulk to Angat Buhay. I am so aware that many, many people who won lotteries destroyed their lives afterwards. Some even committed suicide and many said they hoped they had never won it! And so I’m not in the habit of buying lotto or any kind of sweepstakes. 


I didn’t win obviously but it was fun thinking of how to safeguard myself from the siren call of having too much money. 


I think the only way we will desire God’s Word as a treasure far beyond whatever this world can give us is if we have a relationship with Him. Letters from a stranger will never hold more significance than letters from my mom or dad to me. So if we want to resist the lure of the world and all its “riches”, we have to put time into getting to know God and how much He loves us. 


“You will show me the path to life, abounding joy in Your presence, the delights at Your right hand forever.” Psalm 16:11

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy