Friday, November 04, 2022

Rejoice!

 I rejoiced when they said to me, "Let us go to the house of the Lord." Psalm 122:1




I was very excited when my mom said we were going on a pilgrimage to Europe. Not only would we go visit Assisi, San Giovani Rotondo, and Lisieux, etc., we would also see the Eiffel Tower again, the Louvre and Notre Dame. If we get excited to see places in Europe, or in other parts of the world, how much more would it be a thrill to go to the house of the Lord?


Indeed when my mom died, and my dad left us a few years later, it was very difficult for us. But we also knew they were leaving us to be with the One who loved them first and the One who loved them best. We all have that to look forward to if we live in the Lord’s presence. Death for us should not evoke fear or anxiety, but joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy