Wednesday, July 03, 2019

WOYWW: Believe!

Here is what I’ve been doing on my desk this morning! Collage! This is what I do when I am too lazy to paint! 



I also like altering the original with the Prisma app. 



“Do not be unbelieving but believe.” John 20:27


I like to say I am on a faith journey, a pilgrim journey. I may not be walking far with a staff and meager rations like the pilgrims who trudged the Camino de Santiago for months and occasionally years, to reach the magnificent Santiago de Compostela Cathedral. Nonetheless, I see myself as a pilgrim and stranger on the earth (Hebrews 11:13), on my way to the Kingdom that will never be destroyed. 


All of us are pilgrims, whether we acknowledge it or not. Like St. Thomas, whose Feast Day we celebrate today, we go through many stages in our pilgrimage. At times, St. Thomas was bold like when he declared, “Let us also go to die with Him!” bravely wanting to follow Jesus even when Jesus’ life was being threatened. That is not usually what we remember when we think of St. Thomas. He is usually known as doubting Thomas because he declared adamantly after Jesus died, “Unless I see the mark of the nails in His hands and put my finger into the nailmarks and put my hand into His side, I will not believe!” 


I too have to deal with my lack of faith at times, and I resort to the father’s prayer in Mark 9:24, “I believe, help my unbelief!” And Jesus will help us because, “If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.” (Mark 9:23)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy